At Thompsons we have been installing Clean Agent systems since 2001 and many of FM – 200 systems in Qatar. With our Ansul UL First Fill station located in Qatar we can Custom fill the correct amount of Agent for those urgent or forgotten electrical rooms.
FM-200® is a colorless, non-toxic gas perfectly suited to protect high value assets in areas that may be normally occupied, in locations where clean-up of other agents is problematic, when storage space for a fire suppression agent is restricted, or when an electrically non-conductive agent is required.
- The low concentration of FM-200 required means less visual obscurity and minimal risk to personnel
- The small quantity of agent discharged minimizes over-pressurization of the protected area.
- Average safety for personnel in affected area ( Disadantage - Less margin of safety factor risking over concentration of area compared to alternatives)
- Cost effective when used with automatic detection to discharge FM-200 into protected area
- Good ability to prevent re-ignition as long as concentration levels are maintained
FM-200 (HFC-227ea) is formed from the elements carbon, fluorine and hydrogen (CF3CHFCF3 - heptafluoropropane). The primary extinguishing
mechanism of FM-200 is heat absorption, with a secondary chemical
contribution from the thermal decomposition of FM-200 in the flame
FM-200 leaves no residue and is safe for use in occupied spaces.
Most common metals, such as aluminum, brass, steel, cast iron, lead
stainless steel, and copper, as well as rubber, plastic, and electronic components, are unaffected when exposed to FM-200.
WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONSFM-200 provides superior fire protection in a wide range of applications from sensitive electrical equipment to industrial applications using flammable liquids and storage space. FM-200 is clean, leaves no residue, thereby eliminating costly after-fire clean-up, and keeping expensive “down-time” to a minimum with waterless fire protection.
Data Centers, Sensitive Electronics, Art, Rare item, Delicate machinery are all well protected by FM-200.
At Thompson ( Contact Link ) we have installed 100’s of FM – 200 systems and with our Ansul UL First Fill station located in Qatar we can Custom fill the correct amount of Agent for those urgent or Forgotten electrical rooms.