Kitchen Fire System
Reliable Kitchen Fire Suppression for Any Facility
Protecting businesses from Fires that start in Kitchens is a high priority at Thompson’s Specialties Middle East. One of the most common reasons for losses due to fires stems from the risk of cooking using modern high temperature methods and oils. Still, some business owners let their kitchen facilities go under-protected from fire, leaving their employees, customers, and properties vulnerable.
What works in one kitchen can be outright “dangerous” in another. The Thompson Specialties Middle East kitchen fire suppression team includes engineers trained to design the most appropriate and effective suppression system for your kitchen, whether it’s a hospital or university kitchen that serves thousands of meals a day or a small café kitchen.
Kitchen conditions require specific fire suppression. Our experts have the highest level of certification and have received all the appropriate manufacturer’s training. We’re the only company you need to inspect, service, or upgrade whatever system you have at present or to install the most appropriate kitchen system for your operation—all without interruption to your business.
Check in with us if you’re uncertain about your fire suppression or if you’ve revamped your kitchen. Moving equipment means you need to re-evaluate your system to ensure that components are still appropriately located and functioning.
Thompson is a leader in kitchen fire suppression in each of our locations. Count on us to provide the utmost protection for your operation. Contact Us for all your Kitchen Fire Suppression needs.
Types of Kitchen Fire Suppression Systems
1. Standard Application – R-102
a. A fire suppression system that is designed to protect specific pieces of cooking equipment.
2. Overlapping Protection R-102
a. A fire suppression system designed to protect an entire area of the kitchen. Ideal for kitchens that change menus and cooking equipment on a semi-frequent basis.
3. Overlapping Protection with Water Assist – Piranha
a. The ultimate kitchen fire protection system, designed to protect a full area first with extinguishing agent then continue to provide protection with water.
- 6-month service inspection required – As Per Manufacturer / NFPA requirements
- 6-month pipe blowout (NFPA required).
- Adjustments to system insuring proper operation – Only a factory certified technician has the proper training to carry out such tasks *NFPA 17A
- Changing of heat detectors fusible links – shall be carried out on a semi-annual basis
- 12-year Hydrostatic Test depending on manufacturer.
Inspection Process – Summarized
- Check for visual signs that the system has been fired, tampered with or leaked. Disconnect system for inspection. (Thompson will alert personnel, monitoring center and fire department before testing begins.)
- Check cylinder condition and hydrostatic test date. Check the regulator test date of the system, if applicable.
- Check all piping and conduit to verify they are secure and properly mounted. Verify pipe and nozzles are free of blockage and properly aimed at appliance surfaces.
- Replace all fusible links. If system is electrical, test the detectors, the control panels and the battery back-up to ensure proper functionality. (Fusible links should be replaced on a semi-annual basis.)
- Perform a dry test of the system for automatic operation and manual release.
- Check operation of gas shut-off and/or electrical shut-off. (This test may require a short interruption in the cooking operation but is an important part of the inspection and is required by state and local fire codes.)
- Confirm the fuel shut-off is in the “on” position. Weigh and replace fire system cartridges as required.
- Check chemical type and quantity. (Some systems require the cylinder agent be checked for proper type and quantity every six months.)
- Verify the filter type in the hood and proper decals at the remote pull stations are in place.
- Complete the restaurant inspection report and attach inspection tags. Check for proper type of portable fire extinguishers in kitchen area (K class) and verify they have been properly inspected.
- 70+ years in business
- Family owned & operated
- Dedicated Team in Qatar performing all aspects of works since 2001
- One point of contact
- Experts on local & national codes & regulations
- Hands-on training on MOST makes & models
- Total protection, one source
- Highest quality products & systems
- Customer training available
- Service agreements & warranties provided OUR CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified distributor - Certified & factory trained technicians
- Fully insured
- In – House Design
Ansul R-102 and Piranha Fire Systems
Today’s high-temperature, high-efficiency cooking appliances, plus the use of hotter burning vegetable oils, poses a greater fire suppression challenge than in the past. ANSUL® R-102 Restaurant Fire Suppression Systems meet the challenge and are the top choice of food service kitchens worldwide. Knock Down Kitchen Fires Fast The R-102 system incorporates a flexible design with an extremely effective ANSULEX Low pH Liquid Agent that quickly knocks down flames and cools hot surfaces while generating a tough vapor-securing blanket that helps prevent reflash.
The R-102 system is designed to protect cooking equipment such as various types of fryers, griddles, range tops, broilers, char-broilers and woks. It also detects and suppresses fire in ventilating equipment including hoods, ducts, plenums and auxiliary grease extraction devices. Two Options for Flexible Protection The appliance-specific design is one of the two protection options available with the R-102 restaurant fire suppression system. The most efficient fire protection is accomplished when nozzles are selected and aimed at specific hazard areas on each appliance. This method typically provides the most economical use of liquid agent, reducing the size or quantity of storage tanks and associated hardware. Overlapping appliance protection is flexible and simple. Nozzles are arranged in a straight line, providing overlapping agent discharge patterns where appliances can be protected, even if they are replaced or rearranged under the hood.
Extensive Features and Approvals The R-102 system features an aesthetic stainless steel enclosure to complement the kitchen design, ease of recharge and post-fire cleanup, reliable gas cartridge operation and a five-year limited warranty. A flexible agent distribution hose allows appliances to be moved for cleaning purposes without disconnecting the fire suppression system piping. The system is UL/ULC listed; CE marked; COA, LPCB, TFRI, MED, DNV, ABS and Lloyd’s Register approved and meets NFPA 96 and NFPA 17A requirements. The Ultimate Fire Suppression Solution The ANSUL brand
promises a full range of quality fire protection solutions — from automatic detection and suppression systems to a complete line of wheeled and hand portable fire extinguishers and more. Plus, our extensive network of Authorized ANSUL Distributors provides factory-trained professionals to serve our customers virtually anywhere in the world. A Passion for Protection Dedicated customer support. Extensive product portfolio. Engineering excellence. Trusted, proven brands. Johnson Controls offers all of these attributes, plus a passion for protection. It’s what drives us to create solutions to help safeguard what matters most – your valued people, property and business.
Top choice for commercial cooking fire protection n Cools grease and surrounding cooking surfaces n Rapid flame knockdown n Helps prevent reflash n Color-coded, fusible-link detectors n Aesthetic design complements kitchen decor n Five-year limited warranty n Non-corrosive agent n UL/ULC listed and CE marked Two design options available Customized appliance-specific design Overlapping “suppression zone” Contact US for all your Kitchen Fire Suppression Needs